- Read and understand blueprints.
- Use proper tooling for various products.
- Repairs and fabricates various product and equipment using GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SMAW.
- Prepares, assembles, and welds parts by specifications on blueprint.
- Monitors the welding and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in fabrication.
- Strong understanding of mathematics as related to welding projects.
- Basic understanding of tools necessary for the production of products.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Work well in a team and independently.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task as needed.
- Have good time management skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Welding certificate preferred.
- Experienced with stainless steel fabrication and GTAW preferred.
- Must be able to weld components in the four basic welding positions.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds at times.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
If you are interested in this position apply now
to return to job listings.